2012 Eureka Relay For Life Diary.

Last night. i participated in the 2012 Eureka Relay For Life. It was an awesome even held @ the College Of The Redwoods football field/track. There were several tables lined up around the track featuring various teams and sponsors. The whole thing was DJd by local station KHUM and various food providers were there including Papa Murphey's and Pepsi. The following is my diary of events from my 10 mile 7 hour plus adventure.

11:05 PM:

Arrived @ CR with my sister-in-law Colleen. Was given my number and after eating some fries and taking another sip off of my Frappe i picked up at Burger King on the way in. i started my walking. Man those guys from KHUM were loud. I had my iPod cranked full blast and they still managed to drown it out when i passed by thouse huge speakers.

11:10 PM:

stopped by the Girl Scouts table and snagged some Thin Mints. Dang those things are almost worse than crack they're so addictive. Who makes those things? Phillip Morris? LOL. Next stop was the table right next to ours. They had Chocolate covered Espresso Beans. Got a bag of those. Still have like half a bag left That's how powerful those bad boys are.

12:05 AM:

Mile 1 complete WOO HOO. Got my bead neclace found out where the little boys room was and finished my frappe. Tom and Colleen did one or two more laps with their dog Aiden and then went home to a well deserved rest.

12:35 AM:

was making my way around the track when i spotted a guy with a putter knocking a golf ball around the track. Thought that was kinda cool. He was using the cones by the far side bleachers as his "Holes". I was thinking "Hey whatever makes the time go by i'm all for it." Finally broke down and bought 2 slices of Papa Murphie's Hawiian pizza. Can you say midnight snack boys and girls? I knew you could.

2:05 AM:

The battery in my iPod finally gave up the ghost and i was stuck with what KHUM was playing. Oh well it was pretty good. Nothing christian but still good.

2:25 AM:

Made mile number 5 and celebrated by passing out in Tom's camp chair for almost a full half hour before nature called and i had to trot my way to the loo. Afterwards i was so close to the Lap counters table i trotted past and put anothe lap behind me.

3:36 AM:

Made mile 6 giving my team 21 miles. Can you say BLACKJACK boys and girls? OK so i posted that on Facebook already. Sue me.

3:42 AM:

After afixing four more beads to my necklace to symbalize one more mile checked off, i started noticing people going the other way and thought "Uh-oh am i going the wrong way?" My friend with the putter informed me that they had just switched directions to save wear and tear on the track. Smart move i guess. Threw away what was left of my cold, greasy, slightly soggy Burger King fries and started working on the sweet potato fries Colleen left behind. Also cracked open one of the 2 Monster Energy drinks i'd brought from McKinleyville.

4:05 AM:

Running on fumes, cold pizza and Monster Energy drink, i barely noticed when one of the ladies from the Girl Scouts table thrwe a box of Do-Si-Dos my way. She even gave me fair warning and it bounced off my left foot. I picked it up and kept on going. Silly me i still have the unopened box. Like i said, i was running on fumes.

5:05 AM:

Finished off Monster # 1 started in on Monster # 2 the very next lap. Stopped @ the KHUM tent and requested some Skrillex. The DJ played the Radio Edit version of Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites after a few other songs had played. Later on he also play A Certain Shade Of Green By Incubus via request from yours truly. Thought that was awful nice of him. I even stopped by and thanked him for doing what he was doing.

6:00 AM

Shift change @ the KHUM tent. A cute lady took over and started playing morning and sunshine songs to ward away the clouds and fog.

6:15 AM

having finished off Monster # 2 and still feeling groggy i stopped off @ the partially closed Papa Murphy's tent and picked up a bottle of Pepsi. Glad i did too. I was @ mile 9 1/2 and i don't think i woulda made 10 without it. Tom called to see if i wanted to go home or stay for the closing ceremony. Dumb question bro.

6:30 AM

I did it. I made 10 miles and put my team @ 25. After stopping @ the beading table to finish my necklace whitch now hangs over my dining table like a proud trophy, and accepting low fives from the lap counters, i proudly waddled to my teams table and once again collapsed in Toms camp chair where i remained until someone in the next tent over mentioned breakfast was being served.

7:03 AM:

Was just passing the main gate when Tom called out to me. I told him i was off to procure breakfast and we went together. After getting breakfast and making my way back to our tent (eggs were a bit watery but still good). Tom and Colleen joined me. When we were done eating, Tom and me went home. Tom fed the kids breakfast and i toddled off to bed. I was asleep by 9 and didn't get out of bed until abou 3:30ish. Oh great now i won't be able to get to sleep til' 3 or 3:30 tomorrow morning. Oh well VIVA FACEBOOK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Music 06/03/2018

Random Music 06/03/2018 Pt. 2

Jokes 06/02/2018 Pt. 2